Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Shield

I just found this photo of me on The Shield V12 in Little Rock City, TN on climbing.com.  The Shield most definitely ranks in the Top 5 best boulder problems in the U.S.  Aesthetic, Unique Movement, Amazing Holds, and a great Location team up to make this a highly sought after tick.  My 1 hour shot at the send this year ended in failure, but I will return soon, hopefully.  This pic shows me on the crux move.  I chose a bit different beta than the norm that had me palming my left hand up the wall.

Sam Slivey Photo

Sorry for the lack of updates, though I haven't had much to update on.  If you happen to pick up the new issues of Deadpoint Magazine and Climbing, check out some of the photos of Alex that I had published.  It's definitely exciting to see your own photos in print.  Also, my little brother "G" topped out Evilution V12 a few days ago for the 2nd Ground-Up ascent.  Props Bro!  I have worked the last 5 or 6 days straight, sometimes until 3 in the morning, at The Spot fixing The Dojo.  Epic.  We were forced to Tap almost 4,000 or so T-Nuts.  Needless to say, I'm still recovering from a serious lack of sleep.

I should be getting outside soon, now that I am back on a normal work schedule.  This should yield some more interesting updates. 

3 comments:

Narc said...

You already had to re-tap the t-nuts? What happened?

Peter Beal said...

The wall surface was falling apart and had to be entirely redone by Monolithic. It's a lot better now.

Connor said...

Update your shit